Tyler Drug Possession Lawyer
Aggressively Defending Against Drug Possession Charges in Texas
Drug possession is considered a very serious criminal offense that can lead to harsh penalties, which include jail or prison time, fines, probation, and more. If you have been arrested for drug possession, you must take immediate action to protect your rights and future. At Rollings Wood & Pace, our Tyler drug possession attorneys are prepared to fight for you.
Call (903) 408-3332 or contact us online today to schedule a consultation with our drug possession attorney in Tyler.
What Is Drug Possession?
Drug possession commonly refers to the act of having illegal drugs or controlled substances in your possession. This can include having drugs on your person, in your vehicle, or in your home. To be charged with drug possession, the prosecution needs to prove that you had knowledge of the drugs and that you had control over them.
The two main types of drug possession are:
- Actual possession: This means that the drugs were found on your person, such as in your pocket, in your hand, or in your bag.
- Constructive possession: This means that the drugs were found in an area that you had control over, such as in your vehicle or in your home.
What are the Penalties for Drug Possession in Texas?
Understanding the potential consequences of drug possession charges is crucial for anyone facing such allegations. In Texas, penalties for drug possession can differ based on aspects like the type and amount of the controlled substance. Potential penalties may include:
- Fines: Individuals convicted of drug possession may face substantial fines, depending on the classification of the controlled substance.
- Incarceration: Jail or prison sentences are common penalties for drug possession convictions. The duration of incarceration can vary, with more severe penalties for higher drug classifications and repeat offenses.
- Probation: In some instances, individuals could be placed on probation instead of serving jail time. Probation typically involves strict monitoring and compliance with specific conditions the court sets.
- Loss of Driving Privileges: A drug possession conviction may lead to the suspension of your driver's license, making it challenging to maintain daily activities.
- Impact on Employment: Drug possession charges can have a lasting impact on your professional life, affecting current employment and future job prospects.
- Criminal Record: Perhaps one of the most substantial consequences is creating a criminal record, which can have far-reaching implications on various elements of your life.
Defending Against Drug Possession Charges
Being charged with the possession of drugs does not automatically mean that you will be convicted. There are several defenses that can be used to fight drug possession charges, and we can help you determine the best defense strategy for your case. Some of the most common defenses could include:
- Illegal search and seizure: The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects you from unreasonable searches and seizures. If the drugs were found as a result of an illegal search and seizure, they may be inadmissible in court.
- Lack of knowledge: The prosecution will need to provide proof that you had knowledge of the drugs in order to convict you of drug possession. If you were unaware that the drugs were in your possession, you may be able to avoid a conviction.
- Unlawful possession: If the drugs were found in an area that you did not have control over, such as in a rental car or in a shared home, you may be able to avoid a conviction.
- Valid prescription: If you were in possession of a controlled substance but had a valid prescription for the drug, you may be able to avoid a conviction.
Contact Our Drug Possession Attorney in Tyler Today
If you have been charged with drug possession, do not wait to contact our firm. Our Tyler drug possession lawyers can help you understand your legal options and fight for the best possible outcome in your case. We offer legal services in both English and Spanish.
Contact Rollings Wood & Pace today to get started with our Tyler drug possession lawyer.
Declined for Prosecution Driving While Intoxicated
Charges Reduced Driving While Intoxicated
Case Dismissed Felony Evading Arrest/Detention and Unlawful Possession of Firearm by Felon
Case Dismissed Manufacture/Delivery of Controlled Substance
No Billed by Grand Jury Murder
No Billed by Grand Jury Murder & AADW
I recently had an event go down that could’ve put my life on stand-by and possibly pulled me away from my home state. I asked a man who was the best lawyer in the area and he said “Kelly Pace. They’ll get ya right.” The name had a ring to it. Just ...- Landon Simmons
They are so nice and genuine in caring about helping your situation! Would definitely recommend!- Hailey Jones
Highly recommended Attorneys. They kept me so well informed about every detail of this process, and they’re very very affordable. Jeff and Brian work as a team which I loved, and their paralegal, Brenda, is always there if you have any worries.- Bryanna Chapman
I can't put into words how grateful I am for the skill, wisdom, tenacity and heart of the attorney's at the Law Office as well as the staff. Their candor, wisdom and guidance in each conversation assured me I was not walking this path alone. They ...- Jamie Boersma
Free ConsultationWe offer free consultations to get to know our future clients better and see how we can best suit their needs.
Accessible to Our ClientsClient satisfaction is our top priority. We are always available to assist our clients in their time of need.
We Truly Care for Our ClientsWe are a compassionate and family-oriented firm. We take pride in getting to know our clients and how to best tell their story.
Go-To Firm for Drug CrimesWe practice in multiple facets of criminal law, however, we are known in the community as the go-to firm for Drug crimes.
Trusted & RespectedOur hard-working attorneys have gained the trust and respect of those in our community and the people we have served.
Decades of ExperienceOur experienced trial lawyers have the skill and knowledge to protect your freedom and constitutional rights.