After graduating law school in 2009, Attorney Jeff Wood began his legal career as a prosecutor with the Tyler District Attorney’s Office. In just five years, Jeff climbed the ranks within the District Attorney’s office and worked his way up from a misdemeanor prosecutor to a first chair felony prosecutor.
While at the DA’s office, Jeff tried to jury an array of misdemeanor and felony cases. These cases ranged from high-profile murders and aggravated robberies to legally complicated injury to children and sexual assault cases. This experience not only honed Jeff’s skills in the courtroom, but it also allowed him to see all aspects of the criminal justice system.
In 2015, Jeff left the DA’s office to join Rollings Wood & Pace. He brings to the firm not only a plethora of trial and criminal law experience but also a terrific work ethic. By combining his legal experience with his personal character traits, Jeff provides the type of representation that our clients expect and deserve.
Areas of Practice
- Felonies and misdemeanors
- Federal criminal defense
- Sexual assault
- Aggravated assault
- Evading arrest
- Tampering with physical evidence
- Injury to child
- Manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance
- Texas, November 2009 (state level)
- Eastern District of Texas, 2015 (federal level)
- J.D., Texas Wesleyan School of Law, May 2009
- B.A., University of Arkansas, May 2005
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Tyler Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (SCDLA) – (Vice-President, 2016)